The Career Center is excited to work with you this fall. As always, we will be available for drop-in hours, which is a great way to have your resume/cover letter/LinkedIn profile reviewed and ask quick career-related questions.
What to Expect:
When you enter the Zoom session, you will be added to the waiting room and one of our Career Center team members will admit you to the Zoom session. You will see a few coaches already in the session. Make sure to keep your video and sound on. A Career Center team member will greet you and ask you a few questions. They will then assign a coach to meet with you in a breakout room.
Here are some tips for maximizing your virtual drop-in experience and ensuring a positive experience for you and your coach:
- Make sure that your internet connection is working properly. There may be unanticipated issues that can’t be avoided or anticipated, but do your best to address issues before logging on to Zoom.
- Try your best to pick a quiet location with few distractions. If possible, avoid common areas with roommates or other people nearby.
- Be professional. Be sure to close all web browsers and pause/mute all chat applications (like iMessage) on your computer. Be sure to treat this meeting as you would any other professional meeting.
- Silence or turn off your phone to minimize your distractions.
- Be ready to share your screen if you’re getting a resume or cover letter reviewed. Have your document open so that your coach can read it over with you. (And see above about closing browsers and chats to maintain professionalism when screen sharing.)
- Be prepared to take notes in the document that we’re reviewing. This will allow you to remember ideas and suggestions to continue revising your document after the drop-in.
- Clear your browser history. Coaches may ask you to navigate to online Career Center resources as you share your screen, so make sure you’ve cleared your browser history to maintain a professional experience.
Remember that drop-in sessions are quick 15-minute meetings. If you require a longer conversation, we welcome you to schedule a 30-minute virtual or phone appointment with a career coach.
We look forward to working with you this semester! If you have any questions, please email the Career Center at email@example.com.